Studies show that omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil is associated with a decreased risk of high blood pressure and triglyceride levels. There's also some evidence that diets high in omega-3 fatty acids help with rheumatoid arthritis. Past evidence pointed to omega-3 fatty acids reducing risk of heart attacks, strokes, and death from heart disease, but recent research has refuted some of these findings. More specific research is needed to sort this out.
Omega-3 fatty acids have been studied in many other conditions. They include asthma, cancer, depression, psoriasis, and inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. While some of these studies have been promising, they're still inconclusive.
The different types of omega-3 fatty acids can be confusing. There are the fish oils, which contain docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). Then there are the plant sources with alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which is converted into omega-3 fatty acids in the body.
Studies have generally used fish oils as the source for omega-3 fatty acids. While plant sources with ALA may have the same benefits, less is known about them. For now, fish oils with DHA and EPA have the more established benefit.
PROVAS Omega 3 achieved the maximum 5 out of 5 Star Rating from Independent Canadian based International Fish Oil Standards Program (IFOS).
PROVAS is a clean and highly concentrated omega-3 fish oil product. Each 1200mg softgel contains a minimum 60% omega-3 concentration as combined EPA and DHA. In it's most active carrier ie Ethyl Esthers. This product received a FIVE out of FIVE Star IFOS rating based on the following criteria:
- 1 Star for Passing All CRN/WHO Testing Categories - YES
- 1 Star for Minimum 60% EPA + DHA Concentration per gram - YES
- 1 Star for Oxidation Level Less Than 75% of CRN Standard - YES
- 1 Star for PCB Levels Less Than 50% of CRN Standard - YES
- 1 Star for Dioxin Levels Less Than 50% of WHO Standard - YES
- 720 mg EPA & DHA.
- Less capsules needed to reach therapeutic dosage.
- Improves patient compliance.
Ethyl Esters Form
- Approved by US-FDA and recommended by NICE guidelines.
- Clinically proven.
- Devoid of toxins.
- Undergoes a proprietary advanced molecular distillation to remove all forms of heavy metals and toxins.
- Safe for long term consumption.
Double Protection Against Lipid Peroxidation
- Addition of mixed natural tocopherols as anti-oxidant.
- Amber glass bottle with an outer box to reduce heat and light penetration.
- Active ingredients are preserved.
- Safe to be consumed by all religions.
International Scientific Advisors
- Added assurance of clinical support:
- Prof Emeritus Dr Alexander Leaf - Harvard Medical School
- Dr Artemis Simopoulos - President of the Center of Genetics, Health and Nutrition
- Dr Roberto Machioli - Lead researcher, GISSI-P and GISSI-HF
- Dr William S. Harris - Sanford School of Medicine, University of Dakota